Thursday, August 28, 2008

Product Sketching



Australian International Design Awards (AIDA)
P100
Invetech, Enttex Ltd.
I believe this design was the more prominent of all in the AIDA exhibition because it has targeted one of the biggest growing concerns of today. Hearing loss can be painful and irritaing, however with the P100's simple and cost effective methods pain from hearing loss can be prevented. Symptoms of iunner ear conditions such as vertigo and tinnitus can be treated with the P100.




Modern Times: Modernism in Australia

Magazine Rack

Sam Atyeo

1935

Initially this magazine rack appeared to have an Oriental look. This is what attracted to me to this design compared to that of the others. I believe this was the best design because it was truely unique and quite beautiful compared to the other designs.

Inspired! Design Across Time

Long Chair

Marcel Breuer

England 1935

At first I thought this chair was quite plain and boring, however as I observed it i began to see a different form. I began to notice the contemporary chairs with pull out leg rests and beach chairs etc. I then came to realise that this chair must have INSPIRED! the designers of the beach and pull leg rest chairs. Therefore by being the primitive of today's sophisticated and ergonomical chair designs, i chose the "Long Chair".





EcoLogic: Creating a Sustainable Future

Hot Water Systems

This primitive hot water system appealed to me because of its simplicity.

No comments: